A cooler has emerged a necessity for everyone. Whether you are a regular camper, sports lover, fisherman or indulging in some outdoor activities, you will need a cooler. Purchasing a cooler equipped with wheels can make transporting various eatables and drinks easier. As coolers are heavy in weight, the presence of wheels will make it easy to roll them around. Listed below are the top 10 best coolers with wheels reviewed to help you get a better idea on which one to buy in 2020:
- 1 Our Top Pick
- 2 Compare the Best Coolers with Wheels Side by Side
- 3 10 Best Offset Smokers
- 4 2. Igloo Ice Cube 60-Quart Roller Cooler
- 4.1 3. Coleman 100-Quart Xtreme Cooler with Wheels
- 4.2 4. Igloo 110-Quart Glide PRO Cooler
- 4.3 5. Coleman 42-Can Soft Cooler with Removable Liner & Wheels
- 4.4 6. YETI Tundra Haul Portable Wheeled Cooler
- 4.5 7. Pelican Elite Coolers with Wheels
- 4.6 8. Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze 60 Can Capacity Rolling Cooler
- 4.7 9. Igloo Marine Ultra Cooler
- 4.8 10. GiNT 53 Quart Ice Chest Rolling Cooler with Handle
- 5 How to Choose the Best Cooler with Wheels – Buying Guide
- 6 When Should You Use Wheeled Coolers?
- 7 FAQs for Coolers with Wheels
- 8 Tips for Using Your Cooler with Wheels in the Right Way
Our Top Pick
A High Performing Leak-Resistant Cooler Best for Outdoor Activities like Picnic and Camping
The budget cooler offers stunning features at a cost-effective price. The cooler offers a great capacity of 50 quarts and can hold nearly 84 cans. Its strong performance can keep your drinks chilled. It can easily retain ice cubes for five days. Its price and features have impressed many. The heavy-duty wheels of the cooler can move on a rough surface without any hassle.
Compare the Best Coolers with Wheels Side by Side
|Picture||Product name||Item Weight||Product Dimensions||Link|
|Coleman Wheeled Heavy-Duty 50-Quart Xtreme Cooler||14.5 pounds||23 x 18 x 18 inches||View on Amazon|
|Igloo Ice Cube 60-Quart Roller Cooler||12.2 pounds||18.5 x 20.3 x 20.5 inches||View on Amazon|
|Coleman 100-Quart Xtreme Cooler with Wheels||3.2 ounces||36.5 x 16.8 x 17.2 inches||View on Amazon|
|Igloo 110-Quart Glide PRO Cooler||25.4 pounds||39.8 x 18.5 x 19.7 inches||View on Amazon|
|Coleman 42-Can Soft Cooler with Removable Liner & Wheels||2.2 pounds||21.3 x 12.6 x 11.4 inches||View on Amazon|
|YETI Tundra Haul Portable Wheeled Cooler||32 pounds||28.2 x 18.6 x 19.5 inches||View on Amazon|
|Pelican Elite Coolers with Wheels||20 pounds||19 x 12 x 12 inches||View on Amazon|
|Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze 60 Can Capacity Rolling Cooler||9.11 pounds||14 x 13x 16 inches||View on Amazon|
|Igloo Marine Ultra Cooler||8.81 pounds||18.4 x 16.5 x 13.4 inches||View on Amazon|
|GiNT 53 Quart Ice Chest Rolling Cooler with Handle||24.4 pounds||19.7 x 14.2 x 16.3 inches||View on Amazon|
10 Best Offset Smokers
Amongst several great offset smokers, here’s a list of our top 10 picks in this product range. Each product has a unique aspect to offer hence there is something for everyone. Let’s check them out here:
The affordable cooler with heavy-duty wheels has emerged quite popular among buyers. It offers several stunning features in this attractive price range. If some tailgating parties are on your mind or some sporting events, the cooler will be your best bet. The wheeled cooler box is perfect for picnics, camping trips and can serve all your purpose. The heavy-duty wheels and telescoping handles can transport almost on terrains. It can hold 84 cans as a result of its 50-quart capacity. The cooler has a leak-resistant drain which will allow you to remove water without turning it upside down. The cooler’s insulated lid and walls can retain ice for complete 5 days.
- The cost-effective 2-wheeled cooler offers robust performance
- Its size is really good for party lovers
- Offers a secure lid which remains hard to open
- The cooler has robustly built with a good handle, sturdy seat, and great seal
- It can retain ice for 5 days
- Some of the moving parts of the cooler does not make you feel secure
- Some troubles with the retractable handle
Igloo Ice Cube 60-Quart Roller Cooler can hold 70 to 95 cans with ease. The cooler is specifically manufactured for camping. The quality of the cooler is really high. Whether you have organized a barbecue in your backyard, picnic or camping, it will serve all your requirements. The wheels of the cooler are quite sturdy and perfect for all terrains. You can carry the cooler anywhere with its big telescopic handle. The wheels of the cooler are manufactured from long-lasting materials. The telescopic tow handle of the cooler can lock or unlock at the push of a button. The entire body of the cooler has ultratherm insulation which keeps the content cooler for a long period.
- The wheels are effective almost on all terrains except sand.
- Offers an adjustable handle
- It is useful for outdoor concerts or events
- The cooler is manufactured from top quality material
- Ice does not melt as easily as in other coolers
- The lid of the cooler pops off easily at times
- Some issues with the handle
Coleman 100-Quart can keep ice for 5 days as a result of its Xtreme 5 technology. It is equipped with heavy-duty wheels for smooth and hassle-free transport on all surfaces. The cooler can hold 160 cans as a result of its vast space. It gives you 4 molded cup holders on the lid. It will give you all the comfort, convenience, and load capacity required for outdoor vacationing. The cooler will ensure that all your food and beverages remain fresh during the long trips. The cooler offers stunning features like the insulated lid and additional insulation in the wall.
- It offers you several convenient features
- Can keep your ice for 5 days without any problem
- Give you a great capacity to hold at least 160 cans
- Offers heavy-duty wheels for easy transport
- Gives you 4 molded cup holders
- The cooler’s telescoping handle is not ideal for taller people
Igloo 11-Quart Glide Pro cooler has big wheels which will allow you to carry it around with ease. It offers a telescopic handle that can extend and allow you to tilt it on its wheels. As it is a large-sized cooler, it offers great storage for all your requirements. The cooler is durable and its external body is manufactured from top quality polyethylene. It offers stainless steel hinges which are highly durable. It can preserve refrigerated foods for three days as it can keep the temperature below 40-degree Fahrenheit. The cooler is affordable and many users have found it to be quite inexpensive. The wheeled mobility option is an added plus offered by the cooler.
- The cooler is large in size and offers great storage capacity
- It offers great performance and durability at a low price
- It gives you the option of wheeled mobility
- The cooler is very economical
- Allows you to dispose of the melted water easily by opening the drain plug
- The handle of the cooler is a little uncomfortable
- Some dissatisfaction in the construction quality
Coleman soft cooler allows you to hold 42 beverage cans. The cooler offers you an adjustable telescopic handle which allows easy transport. Two side handles in the cooler give you better carrying options. The cooler offers medium-sized long-lasting wheels which are manufactured from robust plastic materials. The feature of heat-welded seams can effectively prevent any leaks in the liner. The chest of the cooler offers front zippered pocket and side mesh pockets for higher storage. It offers great cleaning ease with its soft PEVA liner. The lining contains embedded anti-microbial qualities against mold, odor, and mildew. The wheels are highly durable and robust.
- The cooler can hold 42 beverage cans
- It offers an adjustable handle which is convenient for all height people
- Offers good storage capacity
- You may use regular ice or ice substitute for lesser moisture
- The wheels allow smooth and hassle-free transport
- The chest may cause hurdle in pulling in sand
- Some issues with the handle
The YETI Tundra Haul Portable wheeled cooler has emerged as one of the highest popular coolers on the market. If you are looking for a robust and good functioning cooler, it can be your best bet. It offers strong and durable core to the users. No amount of pressure can affect the cooler. The cooler offers you portability and great design. The great design of the cooler ensures that it does not consume too much space. It has emerged popular due to its great insulation. It helps in keeping your food and drinks colder for a longer duration. The sleek design of the cooler will make you fall in love with this product.
- It offers great insulation
- The cooler gives you puncture resistant wheels
- The bear-proof cooler offers great durability
- It can hold ice for 7 to 10 days
- It can hold 45 cans with great ease
- The cooler is a little heavier than the rest of the coolers
- You may find it a little overpriced
Pelican Elite Coolers will serve all your needs if you are looking for a heavy-duty cooler, especially for long drives. The solid cooler will keep all your food and drinks cold even in hot weather conditions. If you are going for camping trips, this is the best cooler for you. The cooler is bear-proof as bears are often drawn to human campsites by food smell. The cooler is UV resistant and can stand temperature up to 90-degree F with ease. The insulation of the cooler can easily last for 10 days without causing any problems. The cooler is equipped with 2-inch insulation. It is manufactured from corrosion-proof stainless steel material.
- The cooler offers protection from corrosion and rust
- It is manufactured from UV resistant material
- It is bear proof
- The insulation of the cooler can last for 10 days
- The cooler does not give you telescopic handle
- Ice may not last for as many days as claimed
Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze 60 will meet your entire camping, picnic or tailgating parties’ requirements. Some of its stunning features include smooth access lid, leak-proof and easy to clean lining, and detachable bottle opener. It offers an insulated front compartment and big wheel AT cart which has a capacity of holding over 100 pounds. The cooler can hold 60 cans without any hassle. It offers 4 layers of insulation and its external rhino tech layer is water and stain-proof. The cooler gives you a super safe microban inner layer which is leak resistant and easy to clean. It is a great cooler and offers great easy to use.
- The large wheels will make the long walks smooth
- Offers 2 external zipper pockets
- It has the capacity of holding 60 cans
- The cooler is very sturdy and offers great ease of use
- Works well in the sand
- It may cause leaks at times
- Lacks a sturdy strap at the bottom to hold it
Igloo Marina Ultra cooler is manufactured using infrared technology that will protect it against damage from the sun. The UV inhibitors technology of the cooler will leave you impressed. The cooler features locking and telescoping handle which is equipped with gear hangers. You can hold totes, bags and many other things in the gear hangers. The cooler offers robust wheels for smooth transport and hassle-free ride. The cooler’s riser technology has improved its cooling performance. With this technology, you can elevate the cooler’s body from a hot surface. You will also get four self-draining cup holders to keep your drink safe and secure. The cooler also features pouring channels for smooth purging of melted ice.
- Offers lockable lid loops for great security
- Gives you UV protection shields from sun damage
- Manufactured from top quality stainless steel which is rustproof
- Affordable price range
- The cooler does not offer an insulated lid
- Some issues with the handle
The GiNT 53 Quart Ice Chest Rolling cooler has been manufactured with a capacity of 53 quarts. The cooler offers you insulated walls which maintains the temperature of food and drinks for 36 hours. It is manufactured using great quality material that has significantly increased its durability. The cooler has employed BPA free technology which makes it absolutely safe for human use. The cooler is equipped with two robust wheels which will allow you to transport it anywhere and even roll it on any terrain. It offers a removable cover for easier cleaning. The cooler gives you a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
- It offers a spacious interior
- It is manufactured using BPA-free design
- It is great in temperature retention
- It offers you the 53-quart capacity
- The cooler is manufactured using safe and durable material
- Some issues with the quality of the wheel
- The lid does not close tight
How to Choose the Best Cooler with Wheels – Buying Guide
Look for the following factors and see which one fits your requirements:
1. Handle Height:
It is a crucial feature that you cannot overlook while buying a cooler with wheels. If you have a tall height than what many believe to be average then it may lead to a tough situation. You may experience shoulder and neck pain. And, it may spoil all the fun of your trip. Meanwhile, you must also consider how long you may be towing the cooler.
You do not only have to look at the size of the wheels. You must also check the material that has been used to manufacture them. The size of the wheel makes a big difference though. And, some wheels may not deliver a good performance at a rough surface. For instance, the suitcase-type wheels may be only useful for use on sidewalks. But, if you are looking for an off-road cooler that can go anywhere then choose something like Liddup. It has big wheels which have emerged ideal for sand, grass, or almost all terrains.
3. Storage Capacity:
It is one of the most important features that must come in your consideration. If you want to serve a whole big family then you may need to buy a cooler with huge capacity. You should keep in mind that the volume of the storage size may come from both non-insulated storage and insulated storage area. For instance, if the cooler mentions 50 quarts of storage capacity, it does not mean the whole 50 quarts meant for cooled products. Check the layout as several soft-sided coolers may be equipped with compartments for cold and normal products. It may be great if you require both. However, if you just require it for chilled things then select a cooler where you can seek the benefit of the whole capacity.
4. Cooler Size:
It may be directly connected to the capacity of the cooler, it is not the similar thing definitely. Consider how much space your new cooler may take up. Some coolers can be really huge and you may have trouble fitting them in the backside of the car. You may not be able to store them in the garage when they are not in use due to their size. You may also find difficulties to transport it if they are bigger. Buy a cooler that can fit into more spaces with ease when empty. Meanwhile, hard-sided coolers may also be of the same shape and size whether they are in use or not.
It is another important aspect that you can not overlook. It plays an important role and will decide how the cooler functions. If you are looking for a durable cooler, then opt for roto-molded construction coolers. It is generally available in premium coolers. In this technology, plastic is only one and single piece instead of several pieces being joined together. It will also make sure that the cooler has a zero weak point. You will get a robust and sturdy product. Plastic is very strong, light in weight, and insulates properly. Plastic is also waterproof. The fabric has emerged another common option and often discovered in soft-sided coolers. Their strength may vary depending upon the type of fabric. However, they may not be as robust as roto-molded plastic.
6. Type of Cooler Insulation:
Insulation plays a vital role in deciding how your cooler is going to perform. For insulation, you will find two main types which may include polystyrene and foam.
- Polystyrene: This has emerged as one of the best insulators for a rolling cooler. It is manufactured from plastic which means it is economical, lightweight, poor in transferring heat, and long-lasting. The thicker the walls of polystyrene the better it will be at insulating the products inside. Most of the portable rolling coolers are manufactured from plastic which remains the only insulator. For better insulation, the thickness of the plastic wall is enhanced.
- Foam: You will tend to find the insulation consisting of a foam lining in economical and soft-sided coolers. A foam lining proves effective if you need to keep items cool only for a few hours or less than a day. It is not as strong in retaining ice for long hours as polystyrene. However, with thickness, it may prove effective for longer hours.
It is also a very important point of consideration and has a connection with the previous point. Insulation will become ineffective if seals are not tight. Prefer a cooler that offers top quality latches with a robust bite. Some cooler manufacturers also offer you freezer-grade latches that can seal out all warm air. It allows in keeping items chilled for more than a week.
It is another important consideration that will help in deciding what range of cooler you want to purchase. The price range should not be that high that it may cause a hole in your pocket and spoil your entire budget. And, the price should not be so low that the cooler fails to offer you the desired quality. Price has emerged as a crucial factor. When it comes to choosing the top quality cooler for your parties and picnics, you need to find the best. You must decide how much you are willing to spend on a cooler. If you need to use the cooler occasionally, you should choose an economical and affordable cooler. An economical cooler will meet your requirements for a short span of time. But if you are camping regularly, it is better to select a top-quality cooler. It should meet your requirements in the best possible way. Check the top end coolers that can last for more than 10 years and give you all the essential features. The top quality and expensive coolers are listed in that price range for some reasons. They will offer robust performance and help in keeping your products chilled for 10 days without any hassle.
When Should You Use Wheeled Coolers?
Coolers with wheels can be used in the following scenarios:
1. While Shopping: You can use the wheeled cooler even when you are on a shopping spree. At times the distance from your home to the market area is quite long. It may end up harming your groceries. A cooler will keep your groceries safe and fresh.
2. While Field Trips: An effective cooler proves very useful for field trips. Field trips have proved to be useful educational activities for your children. It allows them to discover new things beyond the classroom. So a cooler will prove to be handy for field trips. You can store some sandwiches and water in the cooler.
3. While Picnics: A picnic is another adventure where you can carry your cooler along. Picnics allow you to indulge in some great time and how about turning it healthy with a good cooler? You can keep some homemade food and drinks in a rolling cooler make your picnic a great experience.
4. While Travelling: Travelling allows you to enjoy some new places and mesmerizing sites. When you use a rolling cooler while traveling, not only it will bring down your expenses but make the experience memorable. The cooler will provide you fresh meal and cold drinks.
FAQs for Coolers with Wheels
Q: How long can a cooler work?
Ans – It totally depends on the thickness and type of insulation that the cooler offers you. Polyurethane has emerged as one of the best insulators. It is also a little bit expensive, which is why you will find it in top-end coolers. These coolers generally have a maximum of 2 to 3 inches of insulation. With such type of insulation, the cooler will be able to retain ice for more than a week. It also depends on external temperature and how frequently you open the cooler.
Q: Can I leave it in the sun?
Ans – It also depends directly on the cooler. If you have a soft-sided cooler, it is best to place it in shaded areas. The military-grade plastic coolers are UV protected one and it does not matter whether you keep them in sun or shades.
Q: Can I use dry ice in my cooler?
Ans – It will also depend on the type of cooler that you are going to select. If it does not mention specifically that you may use dry ice with it, don’t give it a try at all in any scenario.
Q: How should I store my cooler when not in use?
Ans – It is ideal to hang it up in your storeroom or garage so that nothing stews in it.
Tips for Using Your Cooler with Wheels in the Right Way
Always follow these three tips to use your wheeled cooler properly:
Tip#1: Don’t forget to wash your cooler after use:
It is always ideal to hang it in the storeroom upside down. You must also ensure to wash it with cloth and water. You may use soap for washing so that mold or mildew does not develop.
Tip#2: Avoid overloading the cooler:
Before you plan to use the cooler, check the maximum weight it can handle. If you overload the cooler, you may end up damaging it.
Tip#3: Prefer to put larger sized Ice in the cooler:
If you want to utilize your cooler in the best possible way, then avoid buying the small ice cube bags available at the gas station. Try creating larger ice cubes by filling balloons with water and freeze them. Or you may use ice packs also.
Whenever you plan to buy the best cooler with wheels, the above points will prove useful. A top-quality cooler will not only make your camping or picnic successful but you will also remember the experience forever. So invest in the best cooler and enjoy your parties and events to the hilt.