Camping with a car is fun; you can drive just about anywhere, set up camp with your tents and enjoy the wonders of natural life. Obviously, there is a little bit more to it than just that, and one of the keys to a successful camping expedition is preparation. Getting together all the components that make a comprehensive experience reachable. One of the key components for a successful car camping holiday is the inclusion of cookware. You need utensils to cook your food, and you need a good compliment of utensils, made from quality materials, that are easy to clean, easy to pack and long lasting.
List of Top-Rated Car camping cookware
In this article, I present to you five of the best, most comprehensive for their money packages that deliver on all requirements. They are all made from quality materials, they are all inexpensive, and they are all large enough to support a four person tour, yet lightweight and compact enough to fit into any car, and pack and compact enough when stacked and stored in their mesh carry bag not take up a lot of space.
The Best Car camping cookware Reviews
- List of Top-Rated Car camping cookware
- The Best Car camping cookware Reviews
- 1. Yodo Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware Set Backpacking Pans Pot Mess Kit for 4-5 Person
- 2. Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set 10 Piece Set
- 3. Wealers Camping Cookware Set – Compact Stainless Steel Campfire Cooking Pots and Pans
- 4. Startostar Camping Cookware, Compact, Durable Outdoor Backpacking Pots, and Pans Set with Spork
- 5. Mengzice Camping Cookware Lightweight Outdoor Backpacking Cooking Picnic Bowl Pot Pan Set
- Camping Cookware 101
This is the Yodo Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware Set Backpacking Pans Pot Mess Kit for 4-5 Person
The Yodo lightweight, compact and portable cookerware set is designed specifically for car camping and comes with a large array of components. This kit provides you with a comprehensive solution for your campsite cooking and comes with an unbelievable low price tag for what you get.
The cooking utensils are made from anodized aluminum, this is not non-stick, but is hardened aluminum that provides an excellent corrosion resistant surface for cooking.
The handles are designed to withstand the high temperatures and are made from polycarbonate attached to aluminum with steel fasteners. These are foldable handles for easy packing.
This kit comes with an impressive array of units, and these include:
- 1 x Small Pot 5.3″x H2.8” anodized aluminum
- 1 x Medium Pot 6.5″x H3.5″ anodized aluminum
- 1 x Large Pot 7.5″x H4.7″ anodized aluminum
- 1 x Pan 7.7″ x H2.2″ anodized aluminum
- 5 x Bowls 4.2″ diameter Polypropylene
- 2 x Medium Plates 6.5″ diameter Polypropylene
- 1 x Large Plate 7″ diameter Polypropylene
- 1 x Soup Spoon Wood
- 1 x Rice Ladle Wood
- 1 x Loofah Sponge
- 1 x Mesh Storage Bag
The entire kit weighs only 2.9 Lbs and is stacked and compact when stored in the mesh bag.
- 16 part cookerware kit
- Lightweight anodized aluminum
- Foldable handles
- Mesh bag
This is an exceptionally budget friendly (low priced) kit for a comprehensive car camping cooking solution.
This is the Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set 10 Piece Set
The Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set is a comprehensive set of cooker ware for camping and comes with 11 components weighing in at only 1.5 Lbs.
The Winterial set is made from anodized aluminum and a nonstick Teflon coating providing a perfect cooking solution that is easy to clean, and each pan and pot comes with a foldable plastic handle that protects you from the heat.
This kit contains:
- 2 Qt. Large Pot and Lid – 3″ (H) x 6.5″ anodized Teflon coated aluminum
- 1 Qt. Frying Pan – 1.25″ (H) x 6.4″ anodized Teflon coated aluminum
- 1 Qt. Tea Kettle anodized Teflon coated aluminum
- Serving Ladle
- 1 Personal Bowl anodized aluminum
- Serving Spoon / Spatula
- Cleaning Sponge
- Carry Bag
- 11 piece set
- Foldable handles
- Teflon coated anodized aluminum
This is a comprehensive 11 piece set that comes with Teflon non-stick coating give you better performance and easier cleaning up.
This is the Wealers Camping Cookware Set of Compact Stainless Steel Campfire Cooking Pots and Pans
When it comes to performance perfection, no one stands up to Wealers. This company specializes in producing perfect products with a focus on simplicity, design, and materials.
This is an all stainless steel set, so you do need some hot gloves to protect you when handling these pans on the fire. Other than that you get a perfectly polished, fully non-stick, corrosion free staineless steel performance that is rugged and unbreakable.
This kit comes with the following pieces:
- 1 x 1.5 L, 5.9”x 3.1”, Weight 13 oz
- 1 x 2.8 L, 7” x 4.3”, Weight 1.1 lb
- 1 x 4.5 L, 8.2”x 4.7” , Weight 1.4 lb
- 1 x 6.5 L, 9.4” x 5.5”. Weight 1.8 lb.
This four component stainless steel set weighs in at 7.3 Lbs and is fit for cooking meals for 6-8 people.
- Perforated handles
- Easy to clean
- All Stainless steel
To be honest, Aluminum is lighter, but stainless steel outperforms aluminum the same way a Porsche Panamera outperforms a Ford Model T. This is the cookerware kit for the serious camper and is not easily beaten in performance or value for money.
This is the Startostar Camping Cookware, Compact, Durable Outdoor Backpacking Pots, and Pans Set with Spork
It’s got a spork! OMG a spork, spork,…spork! I love that word, a spork.
OK, sporking enough around. This is a classic anodized aluminum set that comes with three cooking utensils and a spork.
The utensils are made from anodized aluminum with a dual layer of nonstick coating in the inside.
The sized utensils include
- A lidded pot for one persona 4.9″ x 6.69″ (0.57lb)
- An open pan for 2 people 6.6″ x 3.5″ (1.05lb)
- A lidded pot for 3 people 7.1″ x 4.9″ (1.7lb)
The pots all come with folding plastic handles and stack up conveniently in a mesh carry bag.
- Anodized aluminum
- 3 utensils
- A Spork
So enough being silly, this is a great camping kit, compact and convenient and yes, it is priced well. (Ha, you thought I was going to say Spork…again)
This is the Mengzice Camping Cookware Lightweight Outdoor Backpacking Cooking Picnic Bowl Pot Pan Set
The Mengzice camping cookware set is a comprehensive complement of parts combining cookware and dining ware to provide an exceptional overall performance kit.
In this package, you will find both hard anodized aluminum cook ware, stainless steel dining ware, and nontoxic polymer bowls and accessories. The aluminum cookware was chosen for the even heating coefficient that aluminum provides, which is better than steel. The stainless steel dinnerware provides corrosion free and strong reliable tool better than aluminum or plastic.
Here are the components of this exceptional package:
- 1 Large anodized aluminum 2.5 Liter Pot that is 7.3″ x 4.5″/18.6 x 11.5cm
- 1 Medium anodized aluminum 1.5 Liter Pot size: 6.5″ x 3.7″/16.6 x 9.5cm
- 1 Small anodized aluminum 0.8 Liter Pot size: 5.5″ x 3″/14 x 7.5cm
- 1 anodized aluminum Frying Pan size: 7.7″ x 1.8″/19.5 x 4.5cm
- A thermal Handle: 5.5″ x 1.2″/14 x 3cm
- 4 plastic Bowls: 4.5″x1.7″/11.5 x 4.2cm
- A plastic Rice spoon: 5.2″x2.2″/13.2 x 5.5cm (length * width)
- 2 x folding stainless steel fork
- 2 x folding stainless steel spork
- 2 x folding stainless steel knife
- 2 x folding stainless steel spoon
- A comprehensive cookerware and dinnerware car camp kit
- High grade materials for focused applications
It really doesn’t get better than this, and if you are seeking the best, the most reliable and the best value for money package, don’t look any farther, this is the kit for you. (And yes, it comes with 4 sporks!)
Camping Cookware 101
When it comes to choosing the right car camping cookware kit for you, consider the number of people that are going camping, and make sure you have enough pots and pans to cook in one shift. The last thing you want is to be under tooled, making cooking a constant layered job that takes time and spreads the workload over hours. Make sure you have enough utensils and make sure they are good for campfires as well as portable stoves.
One word of warning: never cook in dry tinder growth, that will start forest fires, please follow all park rules and if you are not in a regulated park, make sure you are clean, and again, I cannot stress this enough times, be careful of fires in dry seasons.