RC cars have a childhood charm and thrill to them, which is why they have lasted so long. Now, RC cars have matured in a variety of fascinating ways so how are you supposed to pick the right RC car for you. Fortunately, we have gathered a list of the top RC drift cars that have top-notch engines and quality drifting features. Take a look and see which car can reignite the child in you.
- 1 Redcat Racing EPX
- 2 Exceed RC Electric DriftStar
- 3 Exceed RC 2.4Ghz MadSpeed DriftKing
- 4 NQD Electric Racing Drift Car
- 5 Liberty Imports Super-Fast Drift King R/C
Our Top Pick
The Exceed RC Electric DriftStar is a new generation of RC drifting cars. Apart from its superior construction for the smoothest drifting experience, this drifting car also provides safeguards for exceptional control that ensures your car has a high recovery time. Not to mention, it has an exceptionally strong motor that allows the car to reach speeds up to 30mph. (View On Amazon)
|Picture||Product name||Feature 1 (Weight)||Feature 2(Dimensions)||Link|
|Redcat Racing EPX||6 pounds||14.2 x 8 x4.5 inches||View On Amazon|
|Exceed RC Electric DriftStar||5.3 pounds||14.2 x 4.4 x 7.9 inches||View On Amazon|
|Exceed RC 2.4Ghz MadSpeed DriftKing||2 pounds||17.32 x 7.48 inches||View On Amazon|
|NQD Electric Racing Drift Car||2.16 pounds||13 x 5.5 x 3.9 inches||View On Amazon|
|Liberty Imports Super Fast Drift King R/C||8.5 pounds||10 x 7.1 x 4.2 inches||View On Amazon|
The Redcat Racing EPX drift car is one of the top RC drift cars you can get under $200. With its 27T 540 brushed motor and specially designed RC drift tires, the Redcat Racing EPX can easily maintain its forward momentum while drifting effortlessly around sharp corners.
The body of the car comes in a vivid polycarbonate that is particularly stunning to watch as it races around. This car comes with shaft-driven, four-wheel-drive.
This allows you to maintain easy control while drifting and the lightweight chassis allows you to easily recover. Moreover, aluminum capped oil shocks and adjustable suspension means you have full control over the tuning of the car.
The car has a 2.4 Ghz radio system for reliable control. The car has the battery power of 7.2 volts and 2000mAh. Even better the battery pack is rechargeable for continuous fun.
There is no better way to drive outside the lines than with this car.
Pros & Cons
- You have two style varieties.
- The car has forward and reverse transmissions for improved control.
- It can get up to 23 mph.
- The capped shocks ensure you can have full control over tuning the car.
- Batteries are not included for the radio.
- The charger can take a while to charge.
- Some users found that there were car details missing, but they might have received a third-party dupe.
The Exceed RC Electric Drift Star represents the new generation of 1/10 scale on a drift car. It has a four-wheel-drive system that makes it perfect for handling all types of terrain. Moreover, its upgraded compound drift tires which ensures greater control over rough surfaces and sharp turns.
The Exceed RC comes with an excellent toe-in setup and rear and front camber. Alongside those, it also has firm suspension arms. Also, it comes with a sturdy front and rear shock tower. All this combined with a precise steering wheel fitting ensures your car has a quick response and recovery time.
Powering this car’s RC540 motor is a 7.2 volt and 1800maH Ni-MH battery. There is also the addition of high precision electric speed control. Lastly, the whole package is topped off by a front bumper foam to protect against any impacts.
If you want a car with exceptional control skills, this car is for you.
Pros & Cons:
- The car can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- This car is adaptable and can be upgraded to fit your tastes.
- It can go up to 30mph, depending on the surface you are on.
- The ESC is not as powerful as other cars.
- Some users have claimed that the engine can grind and stop randomly.
- Some users found that the differentials do not last longer than a week.
Ready to go right out of the box, this car has a list of impressive features and cuts quite a distinctive figure. This RC has a particularly low center of gravity along with 380 3000KV brushless motor and a 35A Brushless ESC. Together, this car provides the perfect amount of torque and RPMs ideal for high-speed drifting.
Moreover, the DriftKing’s light chassis and its rubber enforced, four-wheel drive ensures that you can drive whatever terrain with the smoothest results. Apart from how it runs, this car is easily controlled by a 2.4Ghz radio. The radio has great range and the ability to send multiple messages at once.
This car also features side mirrors, a rear wing, chrome exhaust and more. Combine all that with the car’s striking LED head, tail and interior lights, you definitely have a force to be reckoned with.
This is the type of car that definitely looks as good as it runs.
Pros & Cons
- It has four-wheel drive and high-powered motor.
- It has a unique low, centralized design.
- It has a stunning, eye-catching look with premade detailing.
- Some users found that the steering joint was too flimsy.
- Another user also found that their spur gear broke quickly.
The NQD Electric Racing Drift Car combines the best of speed and efficiency with strength. The NQD Electric Racing Drift Car features two built-in motors that can go up to 15 mph. This drift car is also fitted with the smoothest four-wheel drive.
This car also features a longer battery life. It comes equipped with two rechargeable battery packs and a USB charger. This way play time does not need to get cut short.
Much like the other two drift cars, The NQD also comes with a 2.4Ghz radio remote controller. This gives you accurate control over your car’s speed and direction.
Lastly, the car’s body and shell are made out of high-quality green material. The high-quality PVC plastic and metals used in this car are much healthier and safer to use. Moreover, the car shell can be easily disassembled and interchanged with other colored car shells.
The hands-on nature and real racing experience of this car make this a great learning tool for children.
Pros & Cons
- It has four-wheel drive.
- Its fast and hits tight corners with the right amount of torque.
- You can change up the shell of the car.
- To some users, the car materials feel to light and cheap.
- Some users found the wheel suspension fragile and brittle.
The Liberty Imports Super-Fast Drift King will definitely give you the speed fix you are looking for. This full-functioning RC drifting car is highly responsive and incredibly fast.
Thanks to its remote-control feature, this car can easily maneuver forward, backward, left, right, and even crazy figure 8’s. For more advanced drifting, the car also utilizes an adjustable front wheel alignment.
The car benefits from the addition of four tires designed specifically for drifting. You also get four rubber tires with extra traction for speed racing. So, you definitely have a lot of room to play around with this car. Other features include working headlights, backlights, and a blue underglow for a street ready look.
This car is powered by 4 AA batteries and the remote is powered by 2 AA batteries, but they are not included with the car.
Pros & Cons
- This car is highly responsive to the remote control.
- The addition of the headlights and backlights ensure this car can be used at any time in the day and night.
- The car comes with two different sets of tires for two different types of driving.
- Batteries do not come with the car.
- The batteries are not rechargeable, which means the car eats through batteries really quick. You will need a lot of batteries if you want to drift for a long period of time.
RC drift cars come in a variety of shapes, styles and speeds. There are many factors that determine what makes an RC drifting car special and unique. The cars we listed above are just barely scratching the surface of the RC cars. There not just RC drifting cars.
There are also RC trucks and nascar diecast cars. Some are more functional, while others are all about style. So, find what interests you most and run with that! We hope this article was helpful to you. If you have any comments, please share them with us!