As summer starts to set in, it is natural that you want to spend more time out on your patio. However, if you have a cluttered patio, spending time outside can be frustrating.
Fortunately, there are some great waterproof outdoor storage boxes available to organize your patio space. Take a look at our review and see which of these outdoor storage boxes will make your outdoor space more inviting.
Table of contents
- Keter Rockwood Plastic Deck Storage Container Box
- 1. Keter Rockwood Plastic Deck Storage Container Box
- 2. Suncast SSW1200 Deck Box
- 3. Suncast 99 Gallon Resin Wicker Patio Storage Box
- 4. Rubbermaid 2047053 Medium Deck Box
- 5. Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box
Our Top Pick
The Keter Rockwood Plastic Deck Storage Container Box optimizes your patio space in a contemporary and stylish way. Aside from its impressive 150-gallon capacity, this storage box is weather-proof and extremely durable against wear and tear. Not to mention, it has a multi-use design that allows it to seamlessly blend into your patio as a stylish bench. (View On Amazon)
|Picture||Product name||Feature 1 |
|Feature 2 |
|Keter Rockwood Plastic Deck Storage Container Box||150 gallons||61 x 28.5 x 25. 3 inches||View On Amazon|
|Suncast SSW1200 Deck Box||22 gallons||17.5 x 22.5 x 22.5 inches||View On Amazon|
|Suncast 99 Gallon Resin Wicker Patio Storage Box||99 gallons||50 x 25.5 x 25.5 inches||View On Amazon|
|Rubbermaid 2047053 Medium Deck Box||10 cubic feet/ 32 pounds||24 x 42 x 24 inches||View On Amazon|
|Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box||80 gallon||39 x 26 x 24 inches||View On Amazon|
The Keter Rockwood Plastic Deck Storage Container is one of the most stylish and sizeable options on our list. With a 150-gallon capacity, you can keep all your outdoor essentials in this storage box.
The inside of the container is perfectly designed to keep all of your outdoor gear dry and well-ventilated. For easy access, it is built with hydraulic automatic opening mechanism.
In addition to its extra-large capacity, this storage container is extremely durable. The entire storage container is weather-proof. Most importantly, it is covered in a UV-protected resin, which prevents the container from bleaching in the sunlight.
Another great aspect of this Keter storage container is that it has a thoughtful, contemporary design that can fit into any patio. Moreover, it is designed with a flat top so it can double as a bench for two people.
This storage container not only optimizes your patio space, but it also blends effortlessly into your decor.
Pros & Cons
- It is easy to assemble and fits seamlessly into any patio design.
- The hydraulic hinges make sure the lid stays open and does not slam shut on you.
- It has a double use.
- Weather-proof and keeps everything inside it dry.
- Some users found that the box was not animal-proof or chew-proof.
- Other users found that the hinges were not water-proof and rusted easily.
Much like the Keter Rockwood box, this Suncast Deck Box is a two-in-one deal. The Suncast SSW1200 is an attractive brown wicker box that provides 22 gallons of space and a flat top that doubles as a seat.
If you have a small patio, this is the perfect storage box for you. Its small and compact size means it can fit well in many areas without looking out of place. However, do not be fooled by its small size. While it is small, it is definitely strong. It is specially designed to withstand abuse from the weather and prolonged sun exposure.
For even more versatility, you can even use this storage box inside your house. You can use it the living room to store your children’s toys, or even use it as a spare side table in your bedroom.
Pros & Cons
- It can be used indoors and outdoors.
- It has a sleek, stylish and compact design.
- It can be used as storage and as a seat.
- It is easy to build.
- It is weatherproof.
- It has a fairly limited capacity.
- Some users said the lid does not shut properly.
- Some users also said that it does not stand up to animals.
Another great deck storage option from Suncast is this Suncast 99-gallon Resin Wicker Patio Storage Box. With its large capacity, you have an easy and efficient organization option in a chic, modern design.
This storage box has a water-resistant poly resin construction that is long-lasting and resists fading and rusting. So, you know that no matter what the elements bring, your outdoor gear is always kept dry.
Although it does not double as functional patio furniture, this storage box does have a special lid design. Not only does it have hinges for easy access, the lid is also slightly curved to ensure rain runs right off of it.
Moreover, it has built-in handles for easy transportation. This way, for example, you can move it closer to your grill if you want easy access to your grilling tools.
Lastly, this storage box has extremely easy assembly. No tools are needed. All the pieces simply snap together for an effortless construction.
Pros & Cons
- It is extremely easy to assemble. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver and a safety box cutter.
- It is stylish and sturdy.
- It is waterproof and weather-proof.
- Some users found that the top warps in the summer.
- If you do not follow the assembly instructions exactly, it can be difficult.
Rubbermaid has always been a major brand when it comes to household products. Fortunately, they still live up to their reputation with this outdoor storage box. This Rubbermaid Deck Box is one of the most protective and long-lasting deck boxes on our list.
It has a durable, double-wall construction that makes it resistant to leaks, dents and moisture. Anything you keep inside this deck box will be kept dry and in its best condition. Additionally, the box is made out of weather-resistant plastic. It will not rust or rot.
It is also fairly spacious and can double as a bench. Its flat top acts as a great seating area for two people. However, unlike the other multi use storage boxes on the list, this box design is quite plain. It has a nice earthy sandstone color, but it may resemble more of an ice chest than a nice piece of patio furniture or storage.
Pros & Cons:
- It is extremely easy to assemble.
- It has a good amount of storage space.
- It can double as extra seating.
- Rubbermaid is reliable brand.
- It is extremely durable.
- It is not the most stylish design.
- Some users found that the lid fell off easily.
- Some users found that the box is not tightly sealed and can allow bugs to get in.
The Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box can help you expand your patio space in no time. It has a rigid double wall construction with high density polyethylene construction, making this storage box one of the strongest boxes on our list.
Additionally, it has impressive capacity. Lifetime was not joking when they put the words “extra large” in the name. Although this particular product is 80 gallons, you can find the same design in 116 gallons, 130 gallons and 150 gallons. So, if you have a lot to store, Lifetime has you covered.
Another great feature of this storage box is its spring-hinge lid. It can open to greater than 90 degrees and stay propped open without slamming shut. This way you can pack up the box without having to hold the top open for yourself.
For even more ease, it is easy to build. You just need some time and a screwdriver, and you will have a spacious and supremely functional storage box in no time.
Pros & Cons
- It is well-protected against the elements and water leakage.
- It has a spring-hinge lid that allows for easy access.
- It has great capacity.
- It does not have the most stylish design.
- Some users had difficulty with assembly.
- Some users found that the lid warped in the sun.
If you are looking for ways to declutter your patio that does not require expensive yardword, a storage box is exactly what you need. They are extremely durable products that can store all your outdoor necessities and potentially become a new part of your patio furniture.
There are many storage box brands out there to choose from, and we encourage you to use our list as a guide. Each of them has great advantages and come from companies with great reputations. If you have any comments or questions, please let us know!